Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I'm Reading, 3/3/09

Another day, another book completed! To be fair, it's another technique book (lots of pictures), and not a very long one...and I did start on it before I finished Karate-Do Nyumon.

It's Best Karate, Volume 1; Comprehensive by Masatoshi Nakayama.

Am I glad I read it? You betcha!

Will I read it again? I will definitely refer to it constantly, at least in the beginning of my karate training.

Reflections? I actually like this book way more than Funakoshi's Nyumon. The pictures and descriptions are more accurate and easier to follow and understand. I also like the size of the book better, but that's a small issue...it's just more comfortable to hold.

Recommended? If you're looking for a beginner's text / introduction to karate techniques, absolutely!

No comments: