Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a Dummy!

Yesterday, the UPS truck arrived with my new "Submission Master" grappling dummy! I was pretty excited to get it. Before, I only had the UFC-brand contoured heavy bag type grappling dummy, which helped me to get a little more comfortable with the Ground Mobility Cycle we work on in class. But the UFC model has no head, and no limbs, so it'll be useless for drilling submissions, chokes, guard passes, etc (although the mobility cycle on the UFC dummy can get my heart rate up nice and quick).

I'm not really to the point yet of learning armbars, chokes, etc, but I'm having fun with this new "training partner" just the same. I rolled with him last night, and it was a draw :)

Here are some shots of it after I got it dressed:




And here's a video if it in action (Mine is new, and therefore pretty stiff...once he loosens up, he'll be in a position more like the one in this video):






No comments: