Saturday, November 29, 2008

Of All the Cotton Pickin'...

I woke up this morning too sick to go to Judo/Aikido lessons. I'm having a hard time describing how dissappointed I am. In a previous post, I talked about how I really missed lessons last week, because I was stressed to my limit at work. That goes double for this week, and here I'm missing another class. I know it's not the end of the world, but I was sure looking forward to it. My wife and daughter have been passing a sinus infection back and forth for about 12 days now, and I've been oddly free from it. Until, of course, there's something I want to do.

I think in addition to just being disappointed about missing, there's also an element of "What next?" This week has seen my oven break, my garage door motor break, and a new job prospect fall through. Last night (Friday night) my DVR broke, and the cable company said they could have someone out by Tuesday afternoon. Last night (after being on the phone about my DVR for a while), I headed to the pharmacy to pick up some meds for my wife and daughter...my wife's car wouldn't start. Local weather people promised an all-day rain event for yesterday, and I was looking forward to rainy day at home, because I was off work (I love rainy days off). We ended up getting about 5 minutes of a mild rain. Oh, and of course I blew my diet at Thanksgiving. That's the one thing I had control over, and still jacked it up!

I'm usually an upbeat, positive person. But it seems like I can't catch a break lately. All this right here at Thanksgiving. There's a verse in the Bible in which Jacob tells God "I'm not worthy of even the least of Your blessings..." That really is my mantra. I really am thankful and amazed at how I've been blessed. I don't know anyone more blessed than me. Honestly. I guess sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in what is NOT going my way than the multitude of things that ARE going well - much better than I deserve.

Still sucks I'm missing class today, but I'm forced to admit in the grand scheme of things, in the biggest of big pictures, it's not THAT big of a deal. Sorry to whine like a little baby.

No comments: